Tuesday 9 December 2008

Xmas Meltdown

Hello yogis

If it wasn't for yoga I would be in meltdown! I find this time of the year so stressful. Mostly I think because the children have so many activities on and I am attending Xmas concerts here, there and everywhere! Bah humbug!

Anyway, I am meditating and doing a lot more pranayama than I normally do which is keeping the meltdown at bay.

I had some good feedback from some of my students about the meditation technique by Shiva Rea I posted on the blog a couple of weeks ago. So if you are heading for Xmas meltdown why not give it a go.

For those of you I did alternate nostril breathing with this morning, this is another excellent breathing exercise to keep you balanced, combine this with a bit of meditation and you should stay as chilled as it it outside!

So, look after yourselves at this stressful time of year, yoga gives us the tools to cope with the stresses of modern life. Be good to yourself and use them.

Om Shanti

Jo x

No comments: